In other words, “My heart is burning to do something for the Lord, and I’m willing to step out and obey — but there are so many needs and there is so much to do. Where do I start? What next?”
I compiled these ten simple commitments that I believe will really help you move forward in the Lord as a Jesus revolutionary — a Jesus-centered, Spirit-empowered, Word-based, world-changer — so take these before the Lord, perhaps one at a time over a period of weeks or months, implement them on a regular basis, building one upon another, and I believe you will see God do some amazing things in and through you. Feel free to share with others! At some point I hope to turn these into a book, but they are quite usable as is.
1) I will spend quality time with God every day in prayer and the Word.
2) I will walk in purity of heart and integrity of life, in thought, in speech, and in deed.
3) I will not be ashamed of Jesus but will confess him boldly as Lord and Savior.
4) I will commit myself to the Great Commission, looking for opportunities to win the lost, restore the backslidden, and make disciples.
5) I will seek to be a peacemaker and ambassador of reconciliation, forgiving those who have offended me and seeking the forgiveness of those whom I have offended.
6) I will walk in love towards those who despise and reject me, overcoming evil with good and hostility with kindness.
7) I will pursue fellowship with brothers and sisters of like mind and will not separate myself from the Body.
8) I will be involved with a ministry of mercy, through serving or through giving, helping to relieve human suffering in a tangible way.
9) I will stand for righteousness and justice in my city, speaking the truth in love regardless of cost or consequence.
10) I will seek the fullness of the Spirit, availing myself of everything God has made available for His people today.
Dr Michael Brown