The morning headlines hit us with alarm as we realize we’re drawing closer to the season of our Lord’s return. One of our great comforts is what the Bible says about the Lord shielding His people in times like these.
– Psalm 17 says we are hidden under the shadow of His wings.
– Psalm 27 says we are hidden in the shelter of His tabernacle.
– Isaiah 49 says we are hidden in the shadow of His hand.
– Psalm 32 says that God is our hiding place.
– And Colossians 3 says our lives are hidden with Christ in God.
When you read a frightening headline, remind yourself that you are hidden in the hollow of His hand, and He will keep you from the coming Day of Judgment. He will preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever. He will preserve your soul. That frees us from fear, allowing us to preach the Word with boldness and to smile with inner joy as the time draws closer.
He hideth my life in the depths of His love, and covers me there with His hand. Fanny Crosby, in the hymn “He Hideth My Soul”