- Not easy to apply while competing in a fast-paced, profit-driven business environment:
- If implemented, can easily be interpreted by competitors as a sign of weakness: A surefire formula for disaster!
EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT GOD’S WORD CALLS US TO A LIFE OF HUMILITY:
“Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (1 Peter 5:5)
How do I know if my life is laced with PRIDE or graced with HUMILITY:
THOSE DRIVEN BY PRIDE ARE :
- Egotistical (masking a sense of insecurity).
- Unable to respond graciously to criticism.
THOSE GRACED WITH HUMILITY:
- Are so sure of themselves that they feel no need to draw attention to themselves or their status.
- Revel in the accomplishments and potential of others.
- Have a capacity for self-criticism.
- Allow, enable, and empower others to shine.
Moses, considered by many to be the greatest leader of all time:
“… was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.” (Numbers 12:3)
As Christ’s followers we choose to embrace Moses’ example rather than emulate prevailing market-driven values. Right?