- When I begin to act as if genuine joy is dependent on the state of the circumstances surrounding me.
- When I begin to lose the distinct aroma of the fragrance of Christ in my life.
- When I begin to feel or act as if my self-worth and acceptance is dependent on how well I perform.
- When I am losing my grip on the reality of spiritual warfare. Then I begin to treat my brother or my fellow human being as my enemy and seek to do battle with fleshly weapons.
- When I act as if victory or success depends on me and my ability rather than on the adequacy of God and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- When I place undue emphasis on programming and planning to the exclusion of His direction, leading and guidance.
- When more time is spent in the “activities arena” than in the prayer closet.
- When the praises of men and women become more important than the approval of God.
- When relating to and caring for people is less important than programs, planning, meetings, and budgets.
- When I assume responsibility to worry and fret over things and people that God in His sovereignty and power would take charge of (if I would allow Him to do so).
- When my rights become more important than God’s will and way
Facts of the Matter: Daily Devotionals.