When I look at American today, I weep for what it has become. I also weep for the younger generations that never knew the America many of us older folks knew and loved.
- They never knew the America who still claimed to be a Christian nation and respected churches and ministers.
- They never knew the America that was proud of their capitalistic free enterprise system.
- They never knew the America that was the most powerful nation on earth.
- They never knew the America that respected life and other people and their property.
- They never knew the America that was more concerned with Americans than illegal foreigners.
- They never knew the America that had a media one could trust to report the real news.
- They never knew the America that honored, respected and protected the institutions of marriage and family.
- They never knew the America that censored pornography and vulgar language.
- They never knew the America that placed the American flag above all others.
- They never knew the America that was still mostly conservative in all areas.
Instead, all they know is an America filled with filthy language, pornography, no respect for Christianity, authority or the American flag. They only know an America that has a perverted understanding of marriage and family, an America who is no longer the world’s most powerful nation, an America who allows flying a foreign flag above the American flag and who values and does more for illegal foreigners than it does for American citizens.
The younger generations only know an America that were described by the Apostles Paul and Peter. Check out what they wrote nearly 2,000 years ago:
“But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth.” 2 Timothy 3 1-7
“For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.” 2 Timothy 4 3-4
“Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, ‘Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.’ For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. 2 Peter 3:3-6
So many people today say the Bible is an ancient text and is no longer relevant today, but when you read what Paul and Peter wrote in those ancient days, they clearly describe the America of today. Thus, making the Bible VERY relevant today and it will continue to be relevant for all time. It’s just so sad that so many fail to understand the Bible’s relevancy and importance. They fail to understand that the Bible is the ONLY source or absolute truth and that truth applies to yesterday, today and tomorrow.