2 Timothy 4:1-4, 8
With all the talk about the fiscal cliff, higher taxes, higher debt ceiling, higher unemployment, lower paychecks, fewer benefits, the devaluation of the dollar because the Government is printing more paper money with nothing to back it, a gutless Congress that won’t stand for our Constitution, a move on to destroy our 2nd Amendment, and everything spinning out of control -¬I was asked, “How did Obama get back into the White House? Who voted him in?”
I answered, “We’re seeing the fulfillment of prophecy taking place right before our eyes”
– The United States has to fall, our “world standard” currency has to be devaluated until it becomes worthless, morals have to go down the sewer, and man has to find a comfortable false religion that will let him flaunt his desire for sinful living.
It’s all covered in 1 Timothy 4:1-3 and 2 Timothy 42-4, 8
– There are people who have been working to undermine and destroy our Country for years.
– Barack Obama, being one of them continues to destroy our borders, ruin our economy, and destroy the 2nd Amendment along with the rest of our Constitution. I hear they plan to have a common western currency at first and then move to a world currency.
What we’re seeing is Satan setting up his plan for the Tribulation.
– Jesus said, — Matthew 24:33-35
We have some interesting days ahead — should we panic?
Not at all, in fact if you know Christ as your Savior you should rejoice.
– God’s never left His people to suffer His wrath… …… …..
– Revelation 4:1-2 When the Tribulation comes; we go home — no fear of Eternity.
Paul was in prison at Rome, when he wrote our texts to Timothy — he’d already been sentenced to death. He wasn’t afraid to face eternity.
– We’re facing eternity, but we can face it without fear.
1. I KNOW I CAN BECAUSE MY SINS ARE GONE
– The thing that makes man afraid is sin.
– Adam and Eve didn’t hide from God until after they’d sinned. …………
– Nothing makes us ore uncomfortable than to have God’s Light reveal our sin.
– I don’t have to hide from God because my sins are covered by the Blood of Jesus Christ and there now I’m under no condemnation — Romans 8:1
– I don’t fear the Judge
– The price has bw paid in full by Jesus — Traffic violation –
– 1 John 2:12 — Isaiah 1:18.
2. I DON’T WORRY BECAUSE OF THE EXPERIENCE I’VE HAD WITH JESUS
– As the blind man — John 9:25 I once was blind, but now see.” – I’m a new creature — 2 Corinthians 5:17.
– Just like Paul, I’ve met the Lord — Acts 9:20.
3. I’M SAFE BECAUSE I’M ON A SURE FOUNDATION
– Jesus taught us if we’re on the right foundation we won’t fall — Matthew 7:24
– Peter identified Jesus as that foundation — 1 Peter 2:6
4. I’M WORRY-FREE BECAUSE OF THE PROMISE OF CHRIST — Matthew 28:20
– John 14:2:1)
– He promised I’ll be where He is forever — SAFE — Shadow getting frightened, snuggling me.
5. I TRUST BECAUSE OF THE TESTIMONY OF THOSE GONE ON BEFORE
– Apostle Paul — Philippians 1:23 -Stephen — Acts 7:597 – David — Psalm 23
6. I’M EAGER BECAUSE OF THOSE WHO ARE IN HEAVEN WAITING FOR ME
– Prophets of old, The disciples, Grandpa, Grandma, Mom.
– All the Heavenly Host — Hebrews 12:1-3.
During a frightful storm in the Georgian Bay of Canada years ago a ship was wrecked.
– Many perished.
The mate, with six strong men and one timid girl, escaped in a boat, but the waves were high and the boat turned over and over until, one by one the strong men lost their hold and disappeared beneath the angry billows.
The mate, however, lashed the girl to the boat, and thus she drifted to the shore where she was found, safe and unharmed.
When the stalwart men went down with shrieks of despair, she alone was saved.
– She didn’t escape by her skill or wisdom.
– She escaped because she was fastened firmly to that which would not sink.
– Jesus Christ my Lord, He has secured me to THE SOLID ROCK — Revelation 22:4.
No matter what 2013 has to offer, I’m not afraid because Jesus and I can handle it together.
– HE’S MY SHEPHERD.
ARE YOU AFRAID TO FACE 2013?